Gain skills for working or volunteering in the community.
Volunteer Rights and Responsibilities
- Learn how volunteers and organisations have responsibilities to each other.
Privacy & Confidentiality
- An overview of Privacy and Confidentiality.
- Legislation and strategies to respect and abide by client confidentiality.
- Interactive training explores communication as a process of exchange. Topics such as empathy, assertiveness and effective listening will be covered
Introduction to OH&S
- The legislation, how to prevent injuries while volunteering, managing specific hazards e.g. manual handling, OH&S responsibilities of volunteers, emergency management.
Working with older people
- Communication, confidentiality, dementia discussed including functions of brain, behavior, signs, symptoms of dementia.
Working with people with disabilities
- The definitions: people with a hearing impairment, speech impairment, intellectual disability, vision impairment, culturally and linguistically diverse people, physical disability, mental health issue
Police & Working with Children checks
- Completing Working with Children and Police checks
Grief and loss
- Understanding the grieving process relating to all aspect of loss
Culturally & Linguistic Diversity (CALD)
- Understanding and overcoming the barriers with cultural and linguistically diverse people.
- Understanding terms race, ethnicity, culture, diversity, refugee, migrant stereotyping, prejudice, discrimination.
- Ways to develop better communication.