Due to government health restrictions and the current Covid 19 pandemic our programme numbers and services are limited and the way we operate has changed. Thank you for your continued support in keeping our community safe.
At the Alexandra Community Hub a range of courses are offered, these often fall into one of the following categories:
ACCREDITED COURSES (RTO)
Alexandra Community Hub Recognised Training Organisation no: 3730
As Alexandra Community Hub is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and works in partnership with other RTO's (Swinburne & GOTAFE).
Accreditation means the course is nationally recognised and that a registered training organisation (RTO) can issue a nationally recognised qualification or Statement of Attainment following its full or partial completion.
An accredited course:
- Meets industry, enterprise or community needs
- Provides appropriate competency outcomes and a satisfactory basis for assessment
- Meets national quality assurance requirements
- Is aligned to the appropriate level of the Australian Qualifications Framework where it leads to a qualification.
Once a course has been accredited, it is listed on the National Training Information Service website. You can use this website to check if a course is accredited by typing in the course code.
As an independent community based organisation Alexandra Community Hub is a Learn Local facility providing providing Pre-Accredited Courses.
To deliver pre-accredited training, Alexandra Community Hub is registered with the Adult, Community and Further Education (ACFE) Board. The quality and structure of all pre-accredited programs is regularly reviewed by the ACFE Board.
These courses and programs are designed to help learners go on to further study or gain the confidence and skills needed to look for a job. They include courses in communication, job search skills, getting ready to go back to work, literacy and numeracy and more. Learners can consider undertaking a pre-employment course to assist in seeking and improving employment skills. Topic include and are not limited to:
- Improve digital literacy and computer skills
- Improve reading, writing and math skills
- Access English language classes
- Improve financial literacy skills
- Return to study and gain a qualification
Get started with a pre-accredited program today!
For employers, as a Learn Local provider Alexandra Community Hub, can deliver courses that will upgrade the employment skills of both your existing and new workforce. Including:
- Industry specific training across a wide range of sectors (including health, disability, retail, tourism, hospitality, construction, trades, business, horticulture, beauty plus many more)
- Digital literacy training
- Language, literacy and numeracy assistance
- English language classes
- Financial literacy assistance
- Occupational Health and Safety
If you would like to find out more about how your business can work with our Learn Local program to deliver training programs to suit your business please contact us on 5772 1238 or email email@example.com
In addition to education and training programs, as a Learn Local the Alexandra Community Hub also delivers a range of other services for our community. Visit the services section for more information.
Throughout the year Alexandra Community Hub, offers courses that will provide learners with further employability skills and specific industry base skills.
Employablity skills, are those general skills that are needed to obtain a job or are used in most jobs, such as;
- Problem solving
- Initiative and enterprise
- Planning and organising
Work based skills, are those that are needed by a specific industry in the job, such as;
- A white card for employees of the construction industry
- Introduction to welding for people looking at working areas of the engineering sector
- Barista for those that want to work in a cafe or catering business in the hospitality industry
COMMUNITY COURSES & PROGRAMS
Alexandra Community Hub is a funded Neighborhood House offering a host of community services, courses and programs.
Community Courses are designed to bring people together to connect, learn and contribute in our local community through social, educational, recreational and support activities, by using a unique community development approach. Community development starts by identifying and addressing our communities needs. Like all communities we have existing strengths and assets that can be part of the solution. People from all walks of life are welcome. These courses and programs are inclusive and aim to create opportunities for individuals and groups, to enrich lives through connections that might not otherwise take place, to strengthen networks and building social capital.
To meet the needs of our local community Alexandra Community Hub hosts subsidised services, courses and programs which;
- Involve the community and encouraging participation and inclusion, and valuing diversity and difference at all levels of neighbourhood house operation
- Identify community needs and aspirations
- Determine appropriate community programs, activities and services in response to those needs, ensuring that diversity and difference are valued
- Partner with community organisations, businesses, government and philanthropic organisations to secure appropriate funding and support
- Deliver quality programs, activities and services
- Evaluate the effectiveness of all aspects of neighbourhood house operations, including programs, practice and governance.
To learn is to grow. If have a passion, want to explore a new career, socialise or are wanting to expand your mind, skills or work opportunities visit our calendar page and enroll in a course today!
Can't find what you are looking for? Suggest a course or talk to one of our team for assistance on 5772 1238.