Reconnect is a program offering support for those seeking to re-engage with training and employment. The program assists participants to connect with education, training, and preparation for the workforce.
The Reconnect program offers support to eligible people by:
- Providing access to pre-accredited and accredited courses
- Provision of ongoing study support and guidance
- Providing referrals to external support services such as mental health, crisis and housing as wrap-around service delivery
- Identifying employment needs and goals and facilitate employment opportunities with industry partners
Reconnect is designed to support the significant number of Victorians experiencing multiple barriers to engaging in education and training by providing the supported pathways many learners need to succeed and break the cycle of disadvantage.
To meet eligibility for the Reconnect program you will meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Aged 17 to 64 who have not worked or studied in the last 6 months.
- Asylum seeker aged between 17-64 on one of the following visas: Bridging visa Class E (BE); or Safe Haven Enterprise Visa (SHEV); or Temporary Protection Visa (TPV); or Humanitarian Stay (Temporary) (Subclass 449) visa.
- Aged 17 to 24 years of age who have been or are currently on a Youth Justice Order.
Exemptions may be available for those who do not fit the criteria above.
Take a moment to read the following:
Each Tuesday and Wednesday from 9:30am-3pm
Pines Learning and Alexandra Community Hub
Free, contact Shenae to secure your preferred time.
Reconnect Program Case Worker
Shenae Costigan 0403 986 454
Face-to-face at Alexandra Community Hub 38A Downey Street Alexandra Vic 3714