$250 Power Saving Bonus
We are helping community members apply for the State Government’s $250 Power Saving Bonus, a one-off payment to help eligible Victorians experiencing energy bill stress.
Below are some frequently asked questions. If you or someone you know meets the eligibility requirements, get in contact with us on 5772 1238 and we can help you access this important bonus.
Mondays, between 1pm and 4pm.
The $250 Power Saving Bonus is a one-off $250 payment which provides direct support to Victorian households experiencing power bill stress during the coronavirus pandemic. It is available to over 900,000 eligible Victorian households with at least one eligible concession cardholder.
To be eligible, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be a Victorian residential energy consumer (i.e. have a residential electricity account)
- Be receiving payments under one of the following concession programs:
- Centrelink Pensioner Concession
- JobSeeker, Youth Allowance, Austudy or Abstudy
- Department of Veterans Affairs Pensioner Concession
- Or hold a Department of Veterans Affairs Gold Card
- Holders of Health Care Cards who are not recipients of Youth Allowance, JobSeeker, Austudy or Abstudy are not eligible.
Eligible households can apply anytime now up until 31 January 2022.
Only one payment is available to each household.
Applications are made online. If you do not have access to, or are uncomfortable using technology, get in contact with us at Alexandra Community Hub on 5772 1238 and we will help you every step of the way:
Phone number: 03 5772 1238
Address: Historic Courthouse Precinct 38A Downey Street Alexandra Vic 3714
When you come to us to submit your application, there are a few things you need to bring with you:
- a copy of a recent electricity bill
- your ‘NMI’ number (this is located on your bill and is typically a 10 or 11 digit number)
- your card number for your Pensioner Concession Card or Health Care Card (for JobSeekers, Youth Allowance, Austudy and Abstudy recipients)
Be sure to keep a copy of your NMI and your application reference number as you may need this information for further communications about your application.
If you meet the eligibility and documentation requirements, you should receive your $250 payment via Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) within two to three weeks of submission. If you request payment via cheque, this should be received within four weeks.